Saturday, June 26, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ 19 ..... My son is getting married!

What’s happening in my home….


In my kitchen… Chicken with penne pasta, salad, and Italian bread.  Today, we may go to a local restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner and watch the US play in the World Cup.

With our marriage… We are taking more time to talk and spend time together (without the kids).  This is becoming a special time for us.

With the children… Michael is heading off to Boy Scout camp tomorrow.  He is so excited; he was completely packed last night!  Melissa enjoyed her time at church camp with Natasha and states she is closer with the Lord.  Matthew is continuing to work on his lines for the play which must be memorized by June 30!

Our biggest new is that my oldest son, Robert, is getting married on July 24th.  This will take our family to Kansas City, Missouri for the celebration.

Around the homestead… we are enjoying the vegies from the garden.  The zucchini is great!  Now, the tomatoes are starting to ripen.  Maybe, I'll be enjoying a beefsteak tomato later today!

In my “Inner Man"... My Inner Man needs nourishment and watering. I am attempting to do this by staying in step with my Bible study on the gospel and letters of John.

What is your Inner Man? In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul gives us a clue about what he means when he says “the inner man." In that scripture he says, "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." (4:16 NASB). So for Christians even though there is something about us that is getting old, decaying and deteriorating and dying..there is also something about us that is growing, becoming more alive, richer and stronger every day we live and follow Christ. That is what Paul calls our “inner man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to reading you thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails